Job offer ref. #12-18006
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. LOEWE Centre for Translational Biodiversity Genomics (LOEWE-TBG) is a joint venture of the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN), Goethe-University Frankfurt, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen and Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME aiming to intensify biodiversity genomics in basic and applied research. We will establish a new and taxonomically broad genome collection to study genomic and functional diversity across the tree of life and make genomic resources accessible for societal-demand driven applied research.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung and the LOEWE-TBG invite applications for aPostDoc – Comparative Genomics of Transposable Elements(100%)
- Sequencing, assembly, and annotation of metazoan genomes
- Comparative genomic analysis of transposable elements in non-model organisms
- Evolutionary inference of transposable elements to study their dynamics, phylogeny, and/or mode of transmission
- PhD in biology, bioinformatics or related subjects
- Experience with genome assembly and scripting
- Interest in mobile genetic elements
- Experience and solid understanding as well as exceptional interest in comparative genomics and evolutionary biology research
- Teamwork oriented and excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Can work independently and meet deadlines
What is awaiting you?
- An interesting task in a dynamic team of researchers in an international research group and joining the new LOEWE excellence centre with its 20 new research groups.
- Access to unpublished genomes from exotic animal phyla
- The opportunity to habilitate at Goethe University or get teaching experience
- The possibility to create a network with scientists in interdisciplinary fields in translational biodiversity genomics
Salary and benefits are according to a full time public service position in Germany (TV-H E13). The contract should start on July 1st, 2018 and will initially be limited for two years. The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung support equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #12-18006) before April 30th, 2018 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a cover letter detailing research interests and experience, a detailed CV and a copy of your certification to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Please contact Dr. Maria Nilsson-Janke for more information, email@example.com
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!