Job offer ref. #10-18001
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in six federal states, and is also custodian of the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Messel. At the site of Tübingen in Baden Württemberg the Senckenberg Centre for Human Evolution and Palaeoenvironment (HEP) offers historical flair in a university town with numerous local recreation possibilities.
The Senckenberg Research Institute invites applications for the following post based at the Department of Early Prehistory and Quaternary Ecology in Tübingen:
Researcher for Early Prehistory (100 %)
- Independent planning and execution of research projects with an emphasis on Early Prehistory (Ältere Urgeschichte)
- Analysis, recording and digitalization of Paleolithic artefacts and their integration into the database AQUILA
- Writing of publications and applications for third-party funds
- Active participation in international conferences and workshops
- Support in teaching and fieldwork in Early Prehistory
- Contributing to the development of new exhibitions in the field of human evolution
- Doctoral degree in Early Prehistory or comparable courses of study
- Advanced skills in working with databases and the systematic recording of artefacts
- Experience with third-party researchprojects
- Experience in national and international excavation projects
- Distinguished record in publications in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in teaching
- Analysis and Digitization of artefact assemblages
- Confident IT-knowledge (MS Office and other database systems; e.g. AQUILA)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; knowledge of German is desired
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Knowledge in handling 3D scanners, photography and digital microscopes
What is awaiting you?
Salary and benefits are according to a full time public service position in Germany (TV-L E 13). The contract may begin immediately and will initially be limited for two years.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung supports equal opportunity for men and women and women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Tübingen, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #10-18001) before January 31th, 2018 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a cover letter detailing research interests and experience, a detailed CV and a copy of your certification to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
For scientific enquiries feel free to contact Prof. Nicholas Conard Ph.D., email@example.com
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!