Job posting – Ref. #07-19001
The Senckenberg Society for Nature Research (SGN), an institution of the Leibniz Association with almost 800 employees, conducts state-of-the-art natural science research at leading research institutions located in seven of Germany’s federal states. The SGN is in charge of the UNESCO natural World Heritage Site „Grube Messel“.
The Senckenberg Society for Nature Research intends to fill at the Department of Museum of Zoology of the Senckenberg Natural History Collections in Dresden, Germany, the position of a Curator of Ichthyology (Full time)
- Assume responsibility for the management and curatorship of the Dresden collection of marine and freshwater fishes with a century-old tradition
- Developing and expanding the Dresden fish collection with a focus on freshwater taxa
- Supervising the local technical assistant in Dresden
- Conducting mainly collection-based research on taxonomy, systematics, and phylogeny of fishes, including acquisition of grants
- Participate in joint research projects with a focus on South American fauna
- Doctoral degree in biology/zoology or related field
- Excellent knowledge of fish systematics
- Experience in curating and managing zoological collections
- Experience with modern research infrastructure and research approaches, such as molecular genetic tools or imaging methods
- Excellent research record in systematics or morphology of fishes, documented by publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Excellent command of the English language; good knowledge of German will be an asset
- Firm commitment to your work and sense of responsibility; willingness to participate as ichthyologist in more inclusive research projects
- An attractive and challenging position in a research institute of international standing.
Employment should start May 1st, 2019 and is initially limited to six years with the prospect or an unlimited employment (tenure track)
- A salary that reflects the tasks and responsibilities of the position based on the collective agreement for public service in the state of Saxony (TV-L)
Senckenberg is an equal opportunities employer and places an emphasis on fostering career opportunities for women. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. Senckenberg is certified by “audit berufundfamilie”. We guarantee adherence to the severely disabled directives and the law on part-time employment. The duty station will be Dresden.
Please send your complete application documents (CV, certificates and references, letter of motivation), preferably in electronic form (as a single PDF file) quoting reference #07-19001 by 15th March 2019 to:
Prof. Dr. Uwe Fritz
c/o Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
For more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Uwe Fritz, email@example.com
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!