Job offer ref. #12-18014
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. LOEWE Centre for Translational Biodiversity Genomics (LOEWE-TBG), https://tbg.senckenberg.de, is a joint venture of the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN), Goethe-University Frankfurt, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen and Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME aiming to intensify biodiversity genomics in basic and applied research. We will establish a new and taxonomically broad genome collection to study genomic and functional diversity across the tree of life and make genomic resources accessible for societal-demand driven applied research.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung and the LOEWE-TBG invite applications for a Lab and project managing of NextGen sequencing projects (100%)
- Consulting PIs in DNA and library preparation for de novo genome sequencing of a wide range of organisms and other applications, e.g. metabarcoding or high throughput amplicon sequencing
- Developing strategies for high quality DNA isolation from difficult sources
- Organizing and documenting sample preparation and genome sequencing with external providers
- Facilitate communication with research groups, service providers and database managers
- PhD degree preferably with NextGen sequencing and library preparation experience
- Experience with NextGen sequencing platforms and library preparation for long read technology
- Managing NextGen sequencing projects
- Experience and solid understanding of DNA and NextGen sequencing technology
- Highly service orientated with excellent communication skills
What is awaiting you?
- An interesting task in a dynamic team of researchers in an internationally research institution
- The opportunity to gain experience in the above-mentioned research field
- The occasion to build a network with scientists in interdisciplinary fields
- Flexible working hours – annual special payment – company pension scheme – Senckenberg ID card for free entry in all museums in Frankfurt, the botanical garden, Palmengarten and the zoo – jobticket – 30 days paid leave (holiday)
Salary and benefits are according to a full time public service position in Germany (TV-E 13). The contract should start as soon as possible and will initially be limited for two years. The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung support equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #12-18014) before August 2nd, 2018 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a cover letter detailing research interests and experience, a detailed CV and a copy of your certification to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!