Job offer ref. # 12-18018
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. LOEWE Centre for Translational Biodiversity Genomics (LOEWE-TBG) is a joint venture of the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN), Goethe-University Frankfurt, Justus-Liebig-University Giessen and Fraunhofer Institute for Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME aiming to intensify biodiversity genomics in basic and applied research. We will establish a new and taxonomically broad genome collection to study genomic and functional diversity across the tree of life and make genomic resources accessible for societal-demand driven applied research.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung and the LOEWE-TBG invite applications for a Lead Bioinformatician (f/m) for high-throughput genome assembly and annotation (100%)
- Lead a team of bioinformaticians to develop, maintain and run high-throughput pipelines for the assembly and annotation of de novo genomes from diverse eukaryotes
- Implementing and documenting the work-flow from receiving data, issue assembled genomes to users and archiving data in public databases
- Communication with user groups, service providers and external database managers
- PhD in Bioinformatics or related subjects
- Experience with de novo genome assembly of non-model organisms and developing large scale, high-throughput procedures for de novo genome assembly and annotation
- Proven understanding of comparative genomics or evolutionary biology research preferably in non-model organisms
- Familiarity in leading a service orientated unit and excellent communication skills
What is awaiting you?
- A central role in an innovative large-scale genomics project
- A motivated and dynamic team of international researchers at an internationally recognized biodiversity research institution
- An opportunity to build a central research and service unit within LOEWE-TBG and Senckenberg
- Excellent opportunities to expand your scientific network across disciplines
- Flexible working hours – annual special payment – company pension scheme –– 30 days holidays
Salary and benefits are according to a full time public service position in Germany (TV-H E14/15) according to qualification and experience). The contract should start on February 1st , 2019 and will initially be limited for two years. The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung support equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #12-18018) before December 15th, 2018 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a cover letter detailing research interests and experience, a detailed CV and a copy of your certification to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!