Job offer ref. #11-18008
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in six federal states. Within SGN, the Senckenberg Biodiversity
and Climate Research Centre (SBiK-F) explores the interactions between biodiversity, climate, and society.
For the worki ng group “Entomology III” of PD Dr. Steffen Pauls at the Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (SBiK-F) we invite applications for a PostDoc (m/f) (full time)
The applicant will work on the evolution and ecology of insects in a research group working at the intersect of phylogenomics, conservation and evolutionary ecology.
- Study the evolution and ecology of insects (e.g.Trichoptera or Hymenoptera)
- Contribute original research on climate-biodiversity interactions, integrative taxonomy, molecular systematics/phylogenomics, and/or population genetics/phylogeography
- Support the working group’s third party funded research projects (e.g. Integrative Taxonomy of African Trichoptera, Comparative Population Genomics of High Altitude Trichoptera, Translational Biodiversity Genomics)
- PhD degree in Entomology, Evolutionary Biology, Stream Ecology or other relevant subjects
- Experience in molecular systematics/phylogenomics, integrative taxonomy, biodiversity research and/or ecology of aquatic insects
- Experience and strong interest in working with Trichoptera or Hymenoptera
- Strong interest in working in a research museum setting
- Research experience in interdisciplinary working environments
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English documented in publication and scientific presentations
What is awaiting you?
- A highly motivated international working group working at the intersect of phylogenomics,
conservation and evolutionary ecology
- The opportunity to develop your own research programme within the general topics of the lab
- Flexible working hours – annual special payment – company pension scheme – Senckenberg ID card for free entry in museums in Frankfurt – 30 days paid vacation per year
Salary and benefits are according to a full time public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13, 100%).
The contract shall start 1st August 2018 and will be initially limited for 2 years.
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung supports equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment is in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The employer is the
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
How to apply
Please send your application, mentioning the reference of this job offer (ref. #11-18008) until June 20th, 2018 by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document) and including a letter detailing research interests and experience, a detailed CV, all transcripts and grades, and contact details of two potential
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
For scientific inquiries please contact PD Dr. Steffen Pauls, email@example.com.
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!