The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with more than 800 employees and research institutions in seven federal states. The Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (BiK-F) explores the interactions between biodiversity, climate, and society.
The Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre invites applications for a
Postdoc Researcher (m/f/d) in Evolutionary Genomics of Mammals
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated applicant to join the working group of Prof. Dr. Axel Janke. The applicant will be closely involved in gene flow, evolutionary-, population or phylo-genetics to study speciation in mammals (bears, giraffe, kangaroos or allies) at the genomic level. Strong own and proven research interests including other vertebrate groups will be considered.
- PhD degree in Biology, Genetics, Bioinformatics or a related field
- Strong interest and proven skills in evolutionary-, population- or phylogenomics. Knowledge in gene-flow analyses and/or drift process are an advantage
- Experience in genome assembly & annotation and programing of scripts, R
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Interest to be involved in an international and interdisciplinary group to expand the work to species distribution modeling, paternal inference and conservation genetics
What is awaiting you?
- a workplace in a central location with good transport connections in the heart of Frankfurt – flexible working hours – opportunities for mobile working – support with childcare or caring for family members (certified by the „audit berufundfamilie“) – Senckenberg badge for free entry in museums in Frankfurt – special annual payment – company pension scheme
Place of employment: Frankfurt am Main
Working hours: full time, part-time optional (at least 80%)
Type of contract: The contract should start preferably on February 1st, 2024 and is limited to two years
Salary: according to the collective agreement of the State of Hesse (pay grade E 13, TV-H)
Senckenberg is committed to diversity. We benefit from the different expertise, perspectives and personalities of our staff and welcome every application from qualified candidates, irrespective of age, gender, ethnic or cultural origin, religion and ideology, sexual orientation and identity or disability. Women are particularly encouraged to apply, as they are underrepresented in the field of this position and will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications.
Applicants with disabilities (“Schwerbehinderung”) will be given preferential consideration in case of equal suitability. Senckenberg actively supports the compatibility of work and family and places great emphasis on an equal and inclusive work culture.
You would like to apply?
Then please send us your complete and informative application documents (CV, letter of motivation, academic transcripts and certification / credentials, two relevant publications, and contact details of two potential references to) in electronic form (as a single PDF file) by 15.10.2023 to email@example.com, quoting the reference number #11-23015, or apply directly on our homepage using the online application form.
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt a.M.
For scientific enquiries please contact Prof. Dr. Axel Janke
For more information about the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung, please visit www.senckenberg.de.
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die
Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund.