Job offer ref. #11-18014
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in six federal states. Within SGN, the Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre (SBiK-F) explores the interactions between biodiversity, climate, and society.
Senckenberg SBiK-F invites applications for a Postdoctoral researcher (m/f/d) Landscapes for biodiversity and ecosystem services (full time position)
We are seeking a postdoctoral quantitative ecologist (m/f/d) to work within the ‘Causes and Consequences of Biodiversity Change’ working group led by Prof. Markus Fischer and Dr. Peter Manning.
The successful applicant will perform ecological data synthesis as part of the large-scale and long-term DFG funded Biodiversity Exploratories project (https://www.biodiversityexploratories.de/1/home/). Specifically, they will use comprehensive data from the project to investigate how landscapes can be managed to conserve biodiversity and provide high levels of ecosystem services.
- A PhD in Ecology or a related field, and the ability to conduct independent ecological research
- Excellent knowledge of theory in biodiversity and/or ecosystem services research, ecosystem management and conservation biology
- Fluency in R and an understanding of advanced statistical techniques
- Affinity and experience with the analysis and synthesis of large datasets
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and the capacity to collaborate effectively within a large and diverse team of researchers
- A strong publication record and the ambition and capacity to publish in high-impact journals
What is awaiting you?
- An interesting task in a dynamic team of researchers in an international research group
- The possibility to build and extend your network with scientists at an international level and to attend national and international conferences
- Flexible working hours – annual special payment – company pension scheme –Senckenberg ID card for free entry in museums in Frankfurt
- Salary and benefits are according to a full-time public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13, 100%)
- The position is a 1-year fixed-term post (with a possible extension), starting in early 2019
The Senckenberg Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre supports equal o pportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The place of employment will be Frankfurt am Main, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please include the reference to this position (ref. #11-18014) in the subject line and include a cover letter describing your motivation to apply, a detailed CV including all credentials and certificates.
Your application should also include a short description of how you would approach the project (maximum 1 page and combined with the other documents in a single pdf file).
Please submit your application before February 11th, 2019 via e-mail to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
60325 Frankfurt am Main
For scientific enquiries please contact Dr. Peter Manning, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!