The Senckenberg Nature Research Society (SGN), an institution of the Leibniz Association with almost 800 employees, operates six research institutes located in seven federal states. SGN also assists the UNESCO World Heritage Site „Grube Messel“.
The Department of River Ecology and Conservation at Senckenberg in cooperation with the Faculty of Biology at the University of Duisburg-Essen jointly invite application for a Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d) (Ecologist, Terrestrial and/or Freshwater) (full time)
The position at the Department of River Ecology is embedded in the International Long-Term Ecological Research (ILTER) network and the European LTER research infrastructure (eLTER RI). The research should focus on identifying drivers and developing indicators of short-term variability and long-term trends in biodiversity. We will provide access to large LTER, freshwater and floodplain biodiversity datasets.
We encourage applications from both terrestrial and/or freshwater ecologists (m/f/d).
- Conduct research on global change impacts on biodiversity within the framework of different projects of the department (i.e. restoration ecology, multiple stressor analyses, long-term ecological research)
- Data analysis, preparation of manuscripts and reports
- Involvement in national and international projects, including the support of the ILTER science chair
- Mentoring graduate students
- PhD in Ecology or a related field
- Solid background in (macro-) ecology and zoology (preferably invertebrates)
- Advanced skills in the analysis of large ecological datasets
- Strong track record of international publications
- Excellent written and oral communication and project presentation skills
Salary and benefits are according to a public service position in Germany (TV-H E13, 100%). The contract should start around June 1st, 2019 and will initially be restricted to 2 years with a possible extension by another 2 years.
The Senckenberg Research Institute supports equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference.
The place of employment is at the Department of River Ecology in Gelnhausen, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please send your application before April, 10th 2019 (deadline), preferably by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document), mentioning the reference of this position (ref. #04-19001) and including a letter outlining your suitability for the post, a detailed CV, your complete certificates, credentials and characters, contact details of 2 references, a list of publications and funding to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
For scientific enquiries please get in contact with Prof. Dr. Peter Haase, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!