Job posting – ref. #04-18005
The Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung (SGN) is a member of the Leibniz Association and is based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. SGN conducts natural history research with almost 800 employees and research institutions in six federal states, and is also custodian of the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Messel.
The Department of River Ecology and Conservation at Senckenberg (Gelnhausen) in cooperation with the Faculty of Biology at the University of Duisburg-Essen jointly invite application for a Postdoctoral Researcher (Freshwater Ecologist) (full time; 2+2 years)
- Conduct research on global change impacts on riverine and floodplain ecosystems within the framework of different projects of the department (i.e., restoration ecology, multiple stressor analyses, long-term ecological research)
- Data analysis, preparation of manuscripts and reports
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Mentoring graduate students
- PhD in Ecology or a related field
- Solid background in freshwater (macro-) ecology and zoology (preferably benthic invertebrates)
- Advanced skills in the analysis of large ecological datasets
- Strong track record of international publications
- Excellent written and oral communication and project presentation skills
Salary and benefits are according to a public service position in Germany (TV-H E 13, 100 %). The contract should start around December 1st, 2018 and will initially be restricted to 2 years with a possible extension by another 2 years being subject to personal performance.
The Senckenberg Research Institute supports equal opportunity of men and women and therefore strongly invites women to apply. Equally qualified handicapped applicants will be given preference. The type of handicap should not prevent work needed to conduct the research. The place of employment will be Gelnhausen, Germany. The employer is the Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung.
Please send your application before September, 30th 2018, preferably by e-mail (attachment in a single pdf document), mentioning the reference of this position (ref. #04-18005) and including a letter outlining your suitability for the post, a detailed CV, contact details of 2 references, a list of publications and funding to:
Senckenberg Gesellschaft für Naturforschung
For scientific enquiries please get in contact with Prof. Dr. Peter Haase, email@example.com
Achtung! Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungen direkt an die Einrichtung, die die Stelle ausschreibt, und nicht an den Deutschen Museumsbund. Wenn in der Ausschreibung keine E-Mail-Adresse angegeben ist, sind Online-Bewerbungen nicht erwünscht. Vielen Dank!